Monday, March 7, 2011

sewing ... fast & feverishly!

I love to sew!  ... and I'm so happy to have some time to devote to my projects.  It doesn't look as though there will be sewing classes this week so I'm totally free to sew & sew & sew! 
I found an adorable "baby bonnet" pattern, made two & then made two more!  The pattern is Simplicity #2908 and I'm stuck on version A.  There are 5 more versions and come in multi sizes... XS, S, M, L.  Hope you have as much fun with this one as I am.



front view

back view

I haven't used Simplicity patterns in a long while.  Now they have "Project Runway" for tots so I bought Simplicity #2265, size BB (4,5,6,6,7).  It's a little different than regular patterns. There are no specific views just choices of bodice and sleeve treatments to be used with the skirt (which can have a bottom banding or not).

Needless to say, the change threw me a bit so I just grabbed the pieces I thought I could use in the size I wanted to make & added my own touches!  The dress above is my first use of this pattern.  I finished the buttons, snaps & bow at "crochet" today & the ladies thought it was for a special occasion... it's a cotton sundress! & pretty cute!  what do you think? 

I'm off to the office to address my sewing machine & think of one quick project before sitting down for the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment