Wednesday, March 23, 2011

still sewing! crafting! gardening... busy!

hey friends!  hope everyone is well and enjoying the beginning of spring... it is beautiful in the Lowcountry!  and yes! I'm still sewing... been quite too busy to blog!  so much fabric, so many projects, lots of ideas swirling around in my head and the days keep closing in on me! 

I pulled out some pleated cream colored silk and made a pencil skirt to wear this spring!  love it... will have to try it on for you because the still photos don't do it justice!  you never know how something will look on until you try it on... resorted to my old favorite skirt & pant pattern Butterick "fast & easy" #B5391.  It's easy to sew when you know what to expect from a pattern.. like a comfortable pair of slippers!

It seems that the designers have been trending on a white, cream & tan palette this season with a little pastel pink thrown in for good measure.
I love it... but now need to pull out some "old" actually, "very old" patterns. I modified Butterick #6116 (Circa 1980) by shortening it and used a beautiful embroidered pale cream linen, lined it with a matted cream satin to make the biased cut flared skirt, hemmed just below the knee... made it this past Saturday & wore it to dinner!  It was a hit!

Now I'm working on pillows, pillow covers, shams and a square table runner... a continuing work in progress! 16 zippers went in on Monday and I have two more to go in the king size shams!   hoping to be done this weekend so that I can enjoy the beautiful outdoors!

In parting,  the Flowertown Festival is right around the corner and the azaleas in the neighborhood are cooperating this year... a small preview for you!

Magnolias in bloom!



getting ready for the festival...




Red maple in all it's springtime glory!

a few camelias still in bloom...





very short season for these delicate blooms!


art & architecture welcoming!



No comments:

Post a Comment